Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In His Presence

What an awesome weekend I had in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. My husband was the guest psalmist at a church convention for the first two nights, and we decided to stay for the last service. It was such a blessing! The guest speaker was Dr. Kervin Smith, a prophet from Minnesota. A real nice, God-fearing man who delivered powerful words and insights from the Bible every time he spoke. But the most awesome service was on Sunday night, the last of the convention. The presence of God was definitely there as he delivered the message and later began praying and delivering people. I have never been to a service like that, but I do know what I saw and felt was real. Usually when I've seen or heard prophets, they have given what seems to be a general prophesy that could apply to any person or any situation. It happened to me, and I must admit I had a bit of skepticism ever since. But Dr. Smith was right on, every single time. And not just on general stuff, but specific ailments in certain locations, or situations that was specific to only 1 to a few folks. He even prophesied to me about something very specific. (I've decided not to share it until it comes to pass.) But he spelled it out and it was something that I had not even shared with my husband yet.
God is real and I appreciate being in that service. Even though I was in pain and recovering from surgery, that trip was just the thing for my body and my mind. To those reading this blog, there's nothing like being in the presence of God.

No comments: